The Community Awards scheme is open to any public, private or voluntary sector organisation and individuals who are contributing to community wellbeing.
Organisations and individuals should be based or live within Stafford Borough and all projects should take place within Stafford Borough.
All applications need to be able to demonstrate how they have improved aspects of the community in which they live or work, have gone out of their way to help others or have achieved excellence in their relevant sports fields. This could be in a variety of ways, such as; helping others and keeping them company (befriending, luncheon clubs and shopping services), setting up projects and services such as food banks, encouraging others to be involved with projects, promoting a healthier lifestyle through activities like running and walking, or cooking and learning, contribute to a more sustainable living and development through recycling, litter picking, keeping your community clean and tidy, conserving wildlife and biodiversity or reducing their carbon footprint.
The award categories are:
- Sports and Leisure - Open to any sports individuals, clubs, groups or organisations that can demonstrate that they have excelled in their relevant sports fields and/or nurtured local talent.
- Community Action - Open to community groups, schools, voluntary sector organisations, businesses and community interest companies who have introduced projects in their local community. For example this can include holding arts festivals, providing information, advice and support services to vulnerable groups, youth activities.
- Environmental Improvement - Open to community groups, schools, voluntary sector organisations, businesses and community interest companies who have improved the environment in their local community or school. For example litter picking, keeping your community clean and tidy, encouraging recycling and minimising waste and reducing carbon emissions.
- Social Wellbeing - Open to community groups, schools, voluntary sector organisations, businesses and community interest companies who improved the wellbeing of others in their local community. For example this can include providing services like someone to talk to, holding luncheon clubs and providing shopping services.
- Local Hero - Open to any individual who can demonstrate excellent projects undertaken in their community improving the environment, community or social wellbeing.
The judges reserve the right to move applications received into more suitable categories if they believe they are a better fit and also, to add additional categories if required.