The programme of Doorstep walks is currently under review and will be refreshed over the summer period. Please take care whilst out walking the routes as the weather and changing seasons can affect the terrain.
Length of walk: Approx 4 miles
Duration of walk: Approx 2-3 hours
Good place to start: Parkside Primary School
Notes: Animals may be in fields
1. Leaving the main entrance of Parkside Primary School, turn right and carry on along Bradshaw Way. Go across the recreation ground and over the rail fence onto Stafford Common.
2. Turn right and follow the well-worn path across the common towards the far left corner. Head towards the old white house at the edge of the common.
3. From there, go through a small sprig gate and follow the narrow tarmac path along the edge of the Common.
4. After 100m, turn left onto the cycle path. This path was once part of the railway line that linked Stafford to Uttoxeter. Walk along here, passing under the road bridge and continue for 400m until you reach Astonfields Balancing Lakes.
5. At the Balancing Lakes, turn right and continue along the path leading through the Balancing Lakes for 400m and out onto the Astonfields Road.
6. Turn right here and go past Stafford Rangers football ground. Turn right along Drummond Road, then left along Kenworthy Road. At the end, turn right to re-join the cycle path. Go left along the cycle path, back under the road bridge and continue for 400m.
7. Go under Stone Road Bridge, then after 50m turn right along an alley leading to Izaak Walton Street. Turn left along here to join Eccleshall Road. Go right along the Eccleshall Road.
8. After 400m turn right into Holmcroft Road. Cross over Holmcroft Road and after the library turn left along the path, then bear right along the tarmac path. Continue for 40m and then join the recreation ground.
9. Head towards the opposite end of the recreation ground and onto Woodlands Road. Go right, and then take the first left along Hurlingham Road and then onto First Avenue.
10. Turn left, then take a right along Gough Close and continue straight ahead along the tarmac path leading to Crispin Close.
11. At the Stone Road go over the pedestrian crossing and then turn left. Continue for 50m the turn right through the gap in the wall and continue along Fairoak Avenue. When it bends left, continue straight ahead along the tarmac alley path back to the start of the walk at the school.
Note: Click map image for bigger view.
To print the walk details above, right click and print or go to file and print. Alternatively if you would like a hard copy of the Doorstep Walks pack please email your request with your name and address to email@example.com