We take your privacy seriously and will only keep and use your personal information for reasons that the law requires or allows. We are a data controller for the personal information we hold about you in relation to Economic Growth and Strategic Projects. To comply with data protection legislation, we want to be sure you understand how we use this information.
The purposes for which your data will be used
- To enable us to make you aware of news and updates relating to projects which we undertake.
- To inform you of any community engagement which will support the completion of a projects or programme.
- To allow us to interact with you regarding consultation exercises relating to the development of the Borough.
- To enable us to provide you with regular up to date information about funding opportunities and the availability of wider business support.
Who will we share your personal data with?
- We will only use your personal information internally and will not share it with any other organisation or persons except where you have given your consent, or we are legally allowed or obliged to do so.
- Your information may be shared with consultants working on projects within the Borough. Where this is the case we will inform you of this before you supply any personal data to us.
For enquiries in relation to business support or funding (including grant applications) your details will be passed on to all relevant internal / external partners involved in the delivery of the support offered. Before forwarding your enquiry information on to others we will have sought your consent.
As we have a duty to protect public funds we may use information we possess for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may share this information with other bodies for these purposes. We may also share this information with other parts of the Council or other relevant organisations for purposes which may include enforcement action.
We will keep personal data for the time specified in our retention schedule or as required by law.
Data Protection Law provides you with certain rights, however, not all these rights will be available to you in all situations.
Where we are under a legal obligation to use data for specific purposes you will not have the right to prevent it being used in that way.
A full list of the rights you may have, under data protection law, is given in the 'Your Rights' section on Data Protection - Privacy Notices.
For specific enquiries regarding personal data which we process you can contact the Data Protection Officer on email email@example.com or at Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ.
If you wish to complain about how your personal information has been handled by us, then please contact the Information Manager in the first instance using the details above. If you are not satisfied, you can submit a formal complaint to the Council.
Finally, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Tel: 0303 123 1113 or you can visit their website at ico.org.uk.