At Stafford Borough Council we take your privacy seriously and will only keep and use your personal information for reasons that the law requires or allows. Stafford Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information we hold about you in relation to Infection Control. In order to comply with data protection legislation we want to be sure you understand how we use this information.
The purposes for which your data will be used are:
- Assisting Public Health England in carrying out their infection control function in relation to infectious and communicable diseases
- Enabling the Local Authority to require action to be taken to prevent, protect against, or control risks to health
- Recording and investigating cases of food poisoning or suspected food poisoning
- Preventing and detecting fraud or other criminal activity
We are able to do this because legislation says we must do it and it is in the public interest to do it. The main laws and rules covering this area are contained in:
- Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984
- Health Protection (Notification) Regulations 2010
- Health Protection (Local Authority Powers) Regulations 2010
- Health Protection (Part 2A Orders) Regulations 2010
We may share your information with:
- Other agencies involved in infection control (Public Health England, other local authorities, General Practitioners etc.)
- Your employer, educational or care institutions, if you are in a risk group or otherwise present a risk of infection;
- Stafford Borough Council and Stafford Borough Council shared benefits service to enable the prevention and detection of fraud;
Otherwise, we will only share your data if you ask us to, or if the law requires or allows us to.
We only keep this data for the time specified in our retention schedule or as required by law.
Your personal data is processed (including storage) within the European Economic Area only.
Data protection law provides you with certain rights, however not all of these rights will be available to you in all situations, particularly where we process your information as part of one of our statutory duties. Where we are under a legal duty to use data for a particular purpose you will not have the right to prevent it being used in that way.
A full list of the rights you may have, under data protection law, is given in the 'Your Rights' section.
For specific enquiries regarding personal data which we process, you can contact the Data Protection Officer on e-mail email@example.com or at Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ.
If you wish to complain about how your personal information has been handled by Stafford Borough Council then please contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance using the details above. If you are not satisfied you can submit a formal complaint to the Council.
Finally you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Tel: 0303 123 1113 or you can visit their website at ico.org.uk.
You can also find details of how we handle your personal information by visiting www.staffordbc.gov.uk/PrivacyNotice.