Please note we do not take cash payments at the Civic Centre.
The Finance service has two major service areas, namely Financial Services and Revenues and Benefits.
Financial Services is a major support service which is shared with Cannock Chase Council. The service acts as a facilitator of sound financial management across the Council, supporting the effective management of financial resources through a robust medium term financial plan and capital investment strategy. The principal functions comprise corporate accountancy, financial planning, treasury management and financial systems. These are all critical areas, incorporating crucial statutory functions.
Our aim is "To deliver an efficient and effective financial service to all council officers, members of the council and the public for the benefit of the whole community."
The Revenues and Benefits division is responsible for the collection of Council Tax and Business Rates and for the payment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. Our aim is "To collect Revenues and pay benefits correctly, on time, with courtesy and respect."
To contact revenues and benefits please see the contact details below.
Revenues and Benefits
Business Rates - National Non-Domestic Rates
Revenues and Benefits - Contact Details
- 01785 619478 for more information on Benefits
- 01785 619279 for more information on Council Tax (including changes of address, discounts, exemptions and general information)
- 01785 619282 for more information on Business Rates (including changes of address, discounts, exemptions and general information)
- For queries regarding Council Tax Billing, Recovery and Business rates contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For queries regarding Benefits contact email@example.com.
- Business Rates Section, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford. ST16 3AQ for queries concerning Business Rates.
- Council Tax Section, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford. ST16 3AQ for queries concerning Council Tax.
- Benefits Section, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford. ST16 3AQ for queries concerning Benefits.
- Stafford Borough Council, Revenues and Benefits, PO Box 7129, Cannock. WS12 9HA