The council invited comments on the Issues and Options document (pdf 9.3mb) with the consultation taking place between Monday 3 February & Tuesday 21 April 2020, as well as an Addendum (pdf 263kb) update during that time.
The New Local Plan Issues & Options document considered, in detail, a full range of issues facing Stafford Borough and how, through a new strategic policy framework, they might be addressed. Included were the levels of housing and employment land development required over the next 20 years, and how this provision might be distributed across the Borough. Some options included the potential for one or more new garden communities / major urban extensions. Additional topics covered climate change, the economy, housing, transport, viability, health and wellbeing, and the environment of the Borough.
Responses have been processed and the Forward Planning team are continuing to analyse and summarise the responses, which will be considered alongside updates to the New Local Plan evidence base by the Council prior to publishing the Preferred Option document in accordance with the Stafford Borough Local Development Scheme.
There were a range of documentation and information used to support the Issues & Options consultation, please see below:-
- New Stafford Borough Local Plan 2020-2040 - Issues and Options consultation document (pdf 9.3mb)
- Addendum: Updated Table 5.3 of the New Stafford Borough Local Plan 2020-2040: Issues and Options Report (pdf 263kb)
- Issues and Options Consultation Non-Technical Summary (pdf 5mb)
- Frequently asked questions (pdf 319kb)
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan - Issues and Options Consultation (pdf 330kb)
- Privacy Notice
- Response forms (word)
- Evidence base documents
- Local Development Scheme (September 2019)
- Statement of Community Involvement (adopted November 2018)
The Current Plan for Stafford Borough 2011-2031
The planning policy framework for Stafford Borough is currently provided by the following adopted documents:
- The Plan for Stafford Borough (pdf 15.84mb) (adopted 19 June 2014)
- The Plan for Stafford Borough - Part 2 (pdf 521kb) (adopted 31 January 2017)
- Gnosall Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish (made/adopted 24 November 2015)
- Eccleshall Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish (made/adopted 26 July 2016)
- Colwich Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish (made/adopted 22 November 2016)
- Hixon Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish (made/adopted 22 November 2016)
- Barlaston Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish (made/adopted 23 July 2019)
Further details on the current Local Plan and its supporting information can be found on our Plan for Stafford Borough webpage.
Preparing the New Stafford Borough Local Plan 2020-2040
The new Stafford Borough Local Plan 2020-2040, when completed, will update and replace the Plan currently in use. It will include policies for the development and protection of land and site allocations for new development, or for the re-development of existing buildings. The Local Development Scheme sets out the timetable of activity, that may be updated as the plan progresses, and a Statement of Community Involvement sets out how, when and with whom we consult when preparing the new Stafford Borough Local Plan and associated policy documents.
The Council carried out its Local Plan Review in July 2017 when a consultation on the Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report took place. This was then followed, in July 2018, by consultations on the “New Local Plan - Scoping the Issues” and “New Local Plan – Settlement Assessment” documents. Details of these and other Local Plan related consultations can be found on our Forward Planning Consultations webpage.
The detailed evidence base studies being gathered for the emerging new Stafford Borough Local Plan 2020-2040 are set out on the Local Plan Evidence webpage.
If you have any comments or questions on the Local Plan, or if you wish to be added to our list of contacts to be kept informed of future progress on the Local Plan, please contact us:
- 07800 619650